Here is an authentic recipe for Irish Raisin Scones. Enjoy this unique bread experience.
- 1 Lb. of flour
- 1 cup of raisins
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Soda
- 1 teaspoon of Baking Powder
- 2 tablespoons of sugar
- 2 oz Irish Butter
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Sift the flour, baking soda and powder into a bowl. Rub in butter. Add in the sugar and raisins. Stir with a wooden spoon. Make a well in the mix and work in the buttermilk.
Turn on to a floured board and knead briefly. With a wooden rolling pin, roll out the mixture till it is one inch thick. Use a cookie cutter, or an upside-down plastic tumbler, to cut out the scones from the dough. Glaze with a beaten egg.
Bake in a hot oven ( 425°F) for 15 minutes.
Note: To make rock buns, pull a hand full of dough from the rolled out dough and arrange the “rocks” on a baking tray. Coat with sugar and bake.
Courtesy of © FoodIreland.com
Latest posts by Cathy Warner (see all)
- Weeknight Semolina Bread and Cloche Giveaway - July 3, 2015
- ONFB Interactive Documentary Bread - June 29, 2015
- Muesli Rolls with Oat and Seed Soaker #breadbakingbabes - June 16, 2015