- 2 1/2 cups unbleached bread flour
- 1 1/2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1 1/2 tablespoons granulated sugar or honey
- 1 1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 tablespoons powdered milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons instant yeast
- 2 tablespoons shortening or unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/4 cups water, at room temperature
Stir together the dry ingredients in a bowl or the bowl of your electric mixer. Add the shortening, honey, and water. Mix on low speed until the ingredients form a ball. The dough should feel soft and supple.
Thanks for joining us this week in the Bread Baker’s Apprentice Challenge. See you next time…
I especially enjoy baking bread on the weekends and allowing the dough to slow ferment to bring out the flavor and nutritional properties of the bread.
Over the years, I've become enamored with grains.So you'll find me experimenting using different types of heritage and ancients grains.Sometimes it works; sometimes it doesn't, but it's all part of the experience.I invite you to join me on this bread-baking journey.
Latest posts by Cathy (see all)
- Pizza Chrysanthemum Bread with Spelt #BreadBakingBabes - November 16, 2015
- The Beet goes on… Beetroot Bread #ArtisanBreadBakers - November 15, 2015
- Keep it Simple Cracked Wheat Bread - November 5, 2015