Bake Your Own Bread started out as a year long bread-baking adventure. The idea behind BYOB was that instead of running to the store to buy a loaf of bread, pastry or sandwich buns, we would make it ourselves.
BYOB has moved and is now hosted by Carola of Sweet and That’s it.
Why should you bake your own bread?
Baking bread helps reduce food costs and relieve stress at the same time. Plus, homemade baked goods taste so much better than store bought. Not to mention, it’s fun and so satisfying to be able to claim that it’s homemade.
These days you never know when an emergency condition (weather or other) could prevent you from going to the store so this will be good practice.
During 2010 and 2011, we featured a roundup of all the breads the BYOB bakers made that month. Click on the links below to view the roundups.
2011 BYOB Roundup Archives
- December 2011– The BYOB Bakers have spent the past year baking and sharing bread together. It’s been a great ride! We have one more roundup at the end of this month to showcase our Holiday breads. Then our BYOB 2011 journey will come to a close.
- November 2011– The November Bake Your Own Bread (BYOB) Roundup features a fabulous assortment of breads and other baked goods from bakers around the world. It’s always a comfort to know that baking bread is enjoyed by people of all nations.
- October 2011– The BYOB Bakers have been baking up a storm. Can you smell the wonderful aroma coming from their kitchens? It’s the smell of freshly baked bread. Mmmm…not to mention the wonderful smells of Fall – apples, pumpkins and spices, oh my
- September 2011– September is finally here. It’s been so hot lately, that even I haven’t been motivated to bake as much bread as usual. However, this dedicated group of bakers managed to get some baking done in August in spite of the heat.
- August 2011– If you’ve been hesitant to get in the kitchen and bake this summer, I invite you to enjoy the August BYOB roundup of breads and other baked goods. This ought to get you motivated.
- July 2011 – Here is a lovely roundup of breads from the BYOB Bakers. Please enjoy the July BYOB roundup of breads and other baked goods.
- June 2011 – It’s hot outside and even hotter in the kitchen, but that hasn’t stopped the BYOB Bakers. They’re still baking bread with the best of them.
- May 2011 – Time to showcase a month’s worth of bread. I’ve been out of town on business and family matters so I haven’t been baking very much the last few weeks, but luckily for you, the BYOB bakers have been staying very busy. They have some wonderful breads and other baked goods to share with you.
- April 2011 – Let’s take a look at the delicious and satisfying breads the BYOB bakers made in March. We have some very creative bakers out there. I’ve been learning a lot from the BYOB bakers each month. I’m sure you will too.
- March 2011 – The BYOB Bakers have been busy again baking bread, bread and more bread and other baked goods. I love it! I continue to be amazed by all of the fabulous and creative bakers out there. This month, some more wonderful bakers have joined the adventure.
- February 2011 – Here are the breads and other baked goods the BYOB Bakers made in January 2011. I hope you enjoy all of these wonderful breads.
- January 2011 – Here is a list of the breads and other baked goods the BYOB Bakers made in December 2010. I love Holiday baking and from the looks of all of these beautiful and delicious baked goods so do the other BYOB bakers.
- 2011 Blog Roll
2010 BYOB Roundup Archives
- BYOB 2011 ~ A Year of Bread -Your mission, should you choose to accept it, is to bake your own bread and other baked goods throughout the whole year.
- December 2010 – Let’s take a look at the breads and other baked goods the BYOB Bakers made in November. Put on some Holiday music and enjoy these delicious delights.
- November 2010 – I decided to do things a little bit different for the November BYOB Roundup. Rather than give my interpretation of all of the delicious breads, I’m going to let the breads speak from themselves. They have a way of doing that you know.
- October 2010 – Fall and baking just seem to go hand-in-hand, and it seems that I’m not the only one who thinks so. The BYOB Bakers have donned their baking hats and are busy baking up a storm now that the air is a little bit cooler and kitchens aren’t quite so hot.
- August 2010 – Is Summer almost over already? My, but time flies when you’re having fun! It’s been a hot one but that hasn’t stopped the BYOB Bakers from heating up their kitchens baking some fabulous breads. I’ve been having lot’s of fun in the kitchen this summer as well but mostly I’ve been having fun hosting the BYOB Summer Roundups.
- July 2010 – It’s really hot to be doing a lot of baking these days, but the BYOB Bakers seem to be staying busy baking anyway. Let’s take a look at what they’ve been up to…
- June 2010 – When Sandy of At the Baker’s Bench decided to take a much deserved break and asked if anyone would be interested in hosting the Bake Your Own Bread roundup during the Summer, I jumped at the chance…
BYOB is now hosted by Carola of Sweet and That’s it.