I’ve caught the canning bug. In 2010, I canned something every month. I participated in the tigress can jam and I canned on my own. Some months, I made jams from fruits that I got from my favorite farms or the local market. Other months, I pickled in-season vegetables from my garden or from the local farmer’s market.
Each month, in the can jam, we canned something different. In fact, I canned some things that I would never have thought to try much less can on my own. Participating in the tigress can jam challenge was a wonderful learning experience and definitely broadened my horizons.
I had never even heard of an allium before, but we canned them. If you’re wondering, the allium family consists of green scallions, chives, scapes, ramps, leeks, husky onions, shallots, and garlic. I made caramelized red onion relish. We also canned herbs, peppers, carrots, dried fruits and of course, lot’s of delicious fruits. I even made rhubarb jam and I liked it. Who knew!
I had lot’s of fun jamming and pickling this past year. Here is a slideshow of my 2010 Canning Adventures. Enjoy!
Here are the jams and other items I canned throughout 2010 listed in the order posted on the blog. Feel free to try some of these for yourself.
- Tangerine Marmalade
- Easiest Marmalade Ever
- Lime Marmalade
- Grapefruit Marmalade
- Pickled Baby Carrots
- Caramelized Red Onion Relish
- Carrot Marmalade
- Candied Orange Peel
- Sherried Rosemary Grape Juice Jelly
- Rhubarb Orange Jam
- Favorite Strawberry Jam
- Quick Strawberry Lemon Marmalade
- Easy Blackberry Jam
- Cherry Preserves
- Quick Dill Pickles
- Watermelon Jelly
- Bruschetta-Style Salsa
- Roasted Vegetable Pasta Sauce
- Hamburger Dill Pickles
- Blueberry Orange Marmalade
- Cantaloupe Preserves with Cinnamon
- Peach Lavender Jam
- Pickled Ginger Peaches
- Apple Jelly/Pectin
- Spicy Peach Salsa
- Roasted Red Pepper Spread
- Muscadine Jelly
- Pear Butter
- Maple Apple Butter
- Spiced Cranberry Preserves
- Crystallized Ginger
The fun goes on…
The tigress can jam is continuing in 2011. Look for more details on tigress in a jam.
Happy Canning from The Bread Experience!
Have a Happy and Blessed New Year!
Latest posts by Cathy (see all)
- Yeast Water Royal Crown Tortano with Einkorn and Red Fife #BreadBakingBabes - February 16, 2018
- 100% Whole Grain Sourdough Spelt Oatmeal Bread - February 4, 2018
- Tartine-Style Sourdough Rosemary Polenta Loaf #BreadBakingBabes - January 16, 2018